- This event has passed.
Have you ever regretted not standing up for something you felt strongly about? Or not speaking up when you knew your words would make a difference? Have you ever worried about embarrassing yourself by acting on an idea others might reject?
All of these questions describe risk-taking opportunities. Taking a risk means stepping into a situation where the impact of your decisions and actions is uncertain and there is some possibility of loss or adversity. It requires a willingness to operate outside of your comfort zone and experiment with new ways of doing things. Many of us are reluctant to pursue opportunities that could result in significant company growth because of the risks involved. In this program, you will learn how to take risks with confidence by preparing yourself to take on an opportunity, assessing its impact, and managing the results.
Successful completion of this course will increase your ability to:
- Develop your tolerance for risk and overcome fears.
- Conduct a formal and informal risk analysis.
- Plan for and manage the negative consequences of a risk.
- Build resilience and learn from mistakes.
- Leverage success and examine lessons learned.