- This event has passed.
Strong leadership is the critical foundation for an organization. It ensures goals are achieved on time, empowers individual employees, motivates teams to work in solidarity, and generates visions for future growth. Yet, it can be difficult to establish yourself as an influential leader.
The Ketchum Leadership Communication Monitor polled 6,509 people in 13 countries worldwide on their perceptions of effective leadership and communication. Only 22 percent of respondents felt leaders demonstrate effective leadership. Communication was cited as a top value in leadership, but only 29% felt their leaders were effective communicators.
These statistics, indicate that ineffective leadership is attributed to not having a clear leadership style. This course will enable you to adopt the qualities of an effective leader and communicate more constructively with your team by adjusting your behavioral style to meet the needs of employees. As a result, you’ll be better able to facilitate meetings smoothly, engage in constructive one-on-one conversations and ultimately, build rapport among colleagues.
Successful completion of this course will increase your ability to:
- Identify the qualities of an effective leader.
- Make the mental shift from individual productivity to influencing others.
- Recognize style differences in others and cater to their preferences.
- Build rapport using verbal and nonverbal messages.
- Conduct constructive one-on-ones.
- Give positive and negative feedback to different styles.
- Develop individual motivation approaches for employees.
- Facilitate a meeting effectively.